Lighthouse Schools Partnership is committed to providing a planned programme of careers education, information, advice and guidance (CEIAG) for all students in Years 7-13, in partnership with The Careers and Enterprise Company.
Students in all year groups have access to a planned and progressive Careers Education programme. Many opportunities are provided for students to consider their own career planning, as students have full access to impartial careers advice and guidance.
In 2018, the government released a new careers strategy and statutory guidance for schools and colleges. It put an increased focus on using the Gatsby Benchmarks as a framework for best practice around which we can build our own careers provision.
The 8 Gatsby Benchmarks of Good Career Guidance
1. A stable careers programme
2. Learning from career and labour market information
3. Addressing the needs of each pupil
4. Linking curriculum learning to careers
5. Encounters with employers and employees
6. Experiences of workplaces
7. Encounters with further and higher education
8. Personal guidance